- Rebels took the Khazanat military base in Idlib province, near Khan Shaykhoun and the main highway between Aleppo and Damascus.
–The base was the source of most of the fuel and ammo for the government checkpoints in the area.
–Up to 200 soldiers were killed and many have retreated just west of Khan Shaykhoun.
- Rebels advanced in other areas of Idlib province as well. Jahbat al-Nusra and the Islamic Front coordinated to blow up four checkpoints with suicide bombers in Al-Fanar, Maksaf Al-Shami, Al-Omari, and Al-Adel.
–Video of one of the explosions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1MmiTtKI5c, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwqB1iPpG94&feature=youtu.be
–The Syrian air force launched air strikes in the area, killing two rebels and injuring 15.
- SANA featured an opponent to Assad in the upcoming election for the first time when they published an article about Hassan al-Nouri.
- A car bomb in the government-controlled Zahra district of Homs, killing 10 people and injuring 53.
- Mleha was hit with at least 8 airstrikes and surface-to-surface missiles.
- Lebanese security forces arrested Omar Bakri, a Syrian-born Islamist cleric who has been in hiding for the last month since a crackdown began in Tripoli to end sectarian violence being fueled by the Syrian war.
- The ISIL attacked the Thurayya checkpoint on Athrayya-Khanaser road, completely destroying it and killing 17 government forces. One soldier was captured and reportedly executed.
- Rebels captured the village of Abdulaziz in eastern Hama.
- The ISIL retreated from the village of Al Towameyy in eastern Deir Ez Zor province.
- The government is trying to expand the number of local cease-fires in preparation for the upcoming elections.
- The FSA killed 7 soldiers in Morek, in Hama province, when it blew up a building.
- 30 Ahrar fighters defected to the ISIL in Deir Ez Zor.
–Jahbat al-Nusra is threatening to post the passports of any of their fighters who defect online.
- Kurdish and government forces have agreed to a temporary ceasefire in Hasaka.
- Rebels in Deir Ez Zor, including Jahbat al-Nusra and the Islamic Front, announced the formation of the Mujahedeen Shura Council, which will be making all military decisions in order to fight the ISIL.
- Jaish al-Islam, part of the Islamic Front, claimed to have killed 35 government fighters in clashes at Mleha’sShebaa Farms.
- An aid truck was destroyed and its driver killed after it was hit by an airstrike while attempting to deliver aid to Aleppo.
- Abu Khattab al-Hamwi, Jahbat al-Nusra’s emir in Hama, was killed at the al-Khazzanat checkpoint.