- Michel Suleiman, Lebanon’s President, urged Hezbollah to leave Syria to help avoid future repercussions on Lebanon.
- Ban Ki-moon blamed rebels for the water shortages in Aleppo.
- The Syrian army has launched an counter-offensive in Daraa to try and roll-back recent rebel gains in the area.
–They conducted 12 airstrikes on Mleha and cut off the only checkpoint leading out of Moadamiyet al-Sham, a rebel town that was besieged until it signed a truce with government forces late last year. The army is demanding that all civilians leave the town.
–A surface-to-surface missile fired by the government during the offensive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT6yTjJhySM&feature=youtube_gdata_player
- Liwa Al-Adiyat, an FSA-linked group, posted a video where they destroy a Syrian tank with a TOW missile. The video claims that they are in Syria, but analysis based on landmarks in the video showed that they fired on the tank from Turkish soil.
- Two villages were captured by the Arab-Kurdish coalition near the Turkey border.
Rebels fired a rocket into the Achrafieh neighborhood of Aleppo, killing 13 people and wounding 17.
- The YPG and ISIL entered their third day of fighting for the village of Farisa.
- A pretty lengthy video released by the ISIL: https://ia601509.us.archive.org/18/items/al_saleel_4/SaleelSawarim.mp4
- 780 people from France have joined Jihadist groups in Syria.
- There were reports that an al-Nusra mortar scored a direct hit on the military security branch in Deir Ez Zor.
- The ISIL is levying a 10% tax on farmers in the lands they control around the suburbs of Hasakah.
–The YPD formerly did the same, but had a 7% tax.
- 2 men were sentenced by the ISIL in Ar Raqqah to 250 lashes for selling drugs.
- The ISIL has begun recruiting a crocodile group. They are shaved an well dressed and will “prepare for the assassinations” by hanging out in internet cafes and providing information about the young men who hang out in them.
- Multiple rebel brigades are moving to reinforce Nawa.
- Parachutes of supplies were dropped to government forces in Khan Shaykhun, in southern Idlib.