- Adbul Baset Sarout, a former goalkeeper who became a widely known figure in the uprising, spoke with reporters after evacuating from Homs and said that Assad had achieved a victory there due to his siege and starvation policy.
- Rebels pushed back an attack by Syrian forces and Hezbollah in the Zahra section of northern Aleppo and said that they now control the main street and surrounding area.
–Rebels have been advancing in the Zahra section for the last two months.
- The Turkish aid agency IHH said that Syrian planes attacked it’s convoy in Aleppo province, killing one person and injuring two.
- Both opposition and regime media indicated that government advances in Mleha, a town east of Damascus, have been checked.
–The Shaam News Network said that rebels had taken several positions that had been used as launching points for the attack.
- Tahrir Souri named the 9 rebel groups that have been given US-made TOW missiles. Most groups are linked to the FSA and the Supreme Military Council, and all are groups that Washington views as moderate.
–1. Harakat Hazm: The first group that was armed with the missiles. Fights in Aleppo and Idlib provinces.
–2. Ahmad Al-Abdo Battalions: Fights in Qalamoun between Lebanon and Damascus, linked to the FSA
–3. The 13th Military Council Division: Fights in southern Idlib province, an FSA unit under the SMC.
–4. The Al-Omari Brigades of the Syrian Revolution Brigade: Based in northwest Syria, linked to the FSA and Syrian Revolutionaries Front
–5. The Yarmouk Brigades: Fight in Daraa province, linked to the FSA.
–6. Liwa al-Aadiyat: Fights in Latakia, independent of the FSA
–7. Liwa Fursan Al-Haq: Fights in Idlib province, part of the FSA
–8. The 101th Infantry Group: Fights in Idlib province, part of the FSA
–9. Suqour Al-Jabal Assembly: An FSA faction.
- There were reports of a chlorine bomb attack in Karf Zita last night.
- Civilians began to return to what is left of their houses in formerly rebel-held neighborhoods of central Homs.
–Military units are still clearing mines and bombs from the buildings. Two soldiers have been killed so far as they dismantled a bomb.
- According to the Belgian government, 160 Belgians are currently fighting in Syria.
- Water in Aleppo has been cut off for the last 10 days in both rebel and government-held areas, apparently due to the low level of rainfall and the water level in the Euphrates river.
According to CNN, a key part of the Homs truce was that rebels release 70 Hezbollah fighters and 20 Iranian officers, lending further evidence to the heavy Iranian and Hezbollah involvement in Syria
- The last of the rebels were evacuated from Homs.
- A video posted by the Islamic Front showing the destruction of a BMP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI9FMwsQWTo&feature=youtu.be
- Saudi Arabia has indefinitely postponed an Arab League meeting on Syria that was supposed to occur next week, but did not give a reason why.
- A statement was made by a group calling itself the “Saudi Mothers and Wives of ISIS fighters” and was signed by 20 Saudi women in response to an Al-Nusra attack on an ISIL headquarters made by a fighter dressed as a respected sheikh. The group threatened to bring the fight between the ISIL and al-Nusra to Saudi Arabia by assassinating religious figures in Saudi Arabia who support Jahbat al-Nusra.
- Syrian activists posted an audio recording showing Syrian army colonel Mahmoud Sabha communicating with his subordinates over wireless devices in Jisr al-Shughur, which is in Idlib province, and Sahl al-Ghab, in Hama province, to prepare their chemical weapons to use against rebels if they attacked.
–The audio recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQmUZM5IkSo#t=41
- A counter-terrorism report published by the UK’s House of Commons Home Affairs Committee recommended revoking the passport of Britons who travel to fight in Syria, and to use spotters placed on the border to monitor people crossing it. It also recommended that medical health practitioners help those returning from the civil war, since their experience “may well make them vulnerable to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder thereby increasing their vulnerability to radicalization“.
- The ISIL retook the towns of Izzaddin, Abu Mahamah, Deir Ful, and Az-Za’afaraniyah in Homs.
- Video allegedly showing the ISIL executing refugees in a Deir Ez Zor school: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdTPQh4GefM&feature=youtu.be
- Rebels took back control of the Al Majbal area in Aleppo, near the central prison.