- Rebels claimed to have come under chemical attack in Harasta, near Damascus.
- Jordanian warplanes destroyed several civilian vehicles with mounted machine guns, presumed to be rebels, as they fled across the border into Jordan and ignored several warnings not to proceed.
- In Raqqa in northern Syria a faction led by Abu Hanif, a native of Dagestan, has opened a kindergarten for the Russian-speaking children of fighters in the ISIL.
- SANA reported that a Russian plane landed in Latakia with 15 tons of food and medical aid from the Imperial Orthodox Palestine Society, a Russian group.
- The Syrian military said that Security had been restored in Assal al-Ward and Housh Arab in al-Qalamoun.
- In Istanbul, the establishment of the Syrian Islamic Council was announced.
–It consists of about 40 Sunni commissions, including some of the largest Islamic bodies within Syria.
- Abu Mahammad al-Ansari, the head of Jahbat al-Nusra in Idlib, was killed with his wife, daughter, brother, and niece in his house by a 4-man squad from the ISIL in Ras al-Hosn.
–One of the men was killed, one blew himself up, and two were captured by al-Nusra fighters.