- The ISIL attacked rebels in Abu Kumalin northeastern Syria on the Iraqi border and claimed to have taken several neighborhoods from Jahbat al-Nusra.
–The ISIL was pushed out of the town earlier this year.
–24 people were reported to have been killed, including Nader al-Rhikita, the head of the ISIL in the area.
- 54% of Syria’s chemical weapon stockpile has now been destroyed.
- Rebels claimed to have taken the Aqrab area, southwest of Aleppo, as part of their l’tassam offensive.
- A former rebel stated that the increasingly poor and predatory leadership in the besieged area of Homs caused him to surrender to government forces and also blamed regime supporters for the killing of Father Francis van der Lugt.
- An Iranian combat drone, the Shaheed 129, was filmed over east Ghouta.
- The Islamic Front claimed to have captured several buildings, including the Red Crescent facility, near the Air Force intelligence headquarters in the Aleppo area.
- 131 people were reported killed in Syria.
–60 people were killed in Deir Ez Zor province, including a mass grave discovered of 30 people killed by the ISIL. 25 people were killed in Aleppo province. 21 died in Damascus and its suburbs.